For all of you who think guns are evil, I want you to try this exercise. Go to one of your gun owning friends, if you have any and ask to look at one of their guns. Take the gun, load it, take the safety off, and then set it down on the kitchen table. Observe the evilness of the gun as it sets there. Watch as it searches for an innocent bystander to maim and kill. Be careful that it doesn’t see you as it may decide to target you. What’s that, it’s not doing anything? Maybe it’s broken, try this with several guns. They all just set there? That’s because they are inanimate objects. They are incapable of evil or good. They are tools, just like a hammer or a screwdriver. They have a particular purpose that they are designed for, like all other tools, and require a human to use them. Whether that human use the gun for good or evil is in the heart and mind of the one who holds it, not in the gun. Some gun control legislation is important, to keep evil people from obtaining guns through fraudulent means, i.e. felony record checks for those attempting to purchase firearms. However, ostracizing one third of the American population with overbearing and intrusive gun control laws is a sure fire way to emotionally and politically separate law abiding, good citizens from their elected government. Criminals don’t obey laws, so control laws do not affect them. Not only that, but an evil person will kill you just as dead with a hammer or screwdriver if that is their intent. Think about how many lives are saved by firearms everyday instead of the very few lost. Here are a few good things firearms bring us:
Hundreds of police officers and the public at large are saved from being victims of violence through the use of firearms to maintain order and effectively subdue criminals.
Millions of varmints and dangerous wild animals that carry diseases and kill livestock, and humans, are killed each year, protecting our food supply and health.
The Sovereignty of America is protected each day by the hundreds of thousands of men and women who take up arms to defend the very things that make America great.
Hunters do a great deal of wildlife maintenance and preservation; and leasing of hunting grounds helps to keep nature intact instead of the land being stripped and farmed.
Countless firearm owners have contributed greatly to the economy since Obama’s electoral win, spending millions on rifles, handguns, and ammunition.
FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE
1. "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
2. Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams
3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
6. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
8. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
9. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
11. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
12. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
14. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?
15. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.
16. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves
17. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.